About Bharat Parv
- It is a five-day festival organized by the Ministry of Tourism, Government of India as a part of the Republic day celebration.
- It showcases the cuisine and culture of different states of India.
- It aims to generate patriotism in the country.
- It showcases the spirit of “Ek Bharat Shrestha Bharat”.The festival is held annually at the end of January.
Replica of the Statue of Unity created by sculptor Shri. Ram Vanji Suttar.Highlights of Bharat Parv:
- Gandhi Gram in which 10 painting artists will create paintings on the theme of ‘Ideology of Mahatma Gandhi’.
- Display of the Republic Day Parade Tableaux.
- Performances by the Armed Forces Bands (Static as well as dynamic).
- Photo Exhibition by the Directorate of Advertising and Visual Publicity (DAVP).
- It included IRCTC’ promotions on special tourist trains and ‘Jago Grahak Jago’ Consumer Awareness campaign.
- Theme State Pavilions where each State showcased its strength along with its tourism products.
- The other attractions were a Multi-Cuisine Food Court and, Crafts Mela, Cultural Performances from different regions of the country.
- The Food Court with stalls set up by the States / UTs, National Association of Street Vendors of India (NASVI) with street food from different regions.
- A live ‘Cookery Demonstration Area’ was set up in the food court to promote cuisines of different States of India.