1. Empowered Committee of Officers for Nirbhaya funds scheme has approved pilot Safe City projects in eight selected metropolitan cities, namely, Delhi, Kolkata, Mumbai, Chennai, Bengaluru, Hyderabad, Ahmedabad and Lucknow with a view to provide safety to women in public places.
2. funds have been released to States for five projects.
3. The cost of the projects is shared between the Central Government and the concerned States in 60:40 ratio.
4. The Safe City Project in Delhi is fully funded by the Central Government.
5. The criteria for selection of next batch of cities for the project have not been decided.